Home staging is a viable business to embark on if you have the knack, the rare talent for interior designing. Yes, not everyone who will embark on a business venture in this industry is guaranteed success. However, having got what it takes will give you a competitive edge.
If you are keen enough to make use of your talent and build your own business in this sphere, the home staging furniture business is one to consider.
Like any business endeavor, you should always begin with a small investment of time and money. You may want to look at it as an excellent part-time job. Or consider it as something you can do on the side.
Time will come that your business reach will grow far and wide. If that time comes, your business revenues will be more than enough to support your financial needs, and might even give you good reason to leave your current job.
But before that, learn the ropes of the trade first, surmount the challenges and obstacles and see if you can manage and hit off the ground soon enough. comes, your business revenues will be more than enough to support your financial needs, and might even give you good reason to leave your current job.
What is Expected of You as a Home Stager?
Cluttered or dilapidated homes not only take a longer time to sell, but they usually fail to fetch a good selling price. A professional stager can come into the picture here and help increase the aesthetic appeal and overall value of a home. If that happens, the odds of selling the property at the highest possible price are higher.
Seasoned home staging professionals accomplish this goal by employing different kinds of strategies which include the removal and/or reorganizing the client’s home indoor space, particularly his current furniture pieces with the goal of accentuating the best attributes of the room or area.
There are instances also that the use of home staging furniture will be necessary to put on the desired visual impact.
What are the Perks of Having A Home Staging Business
Granted that you have a natural flair for good home interiors and know by heart the rudiments of revamping a space, starting up a home staging business will bring about a handful of benefits to you. It is sure going to be a prolific undertaking for anyone interested and keen. The benefits and advantages include the following:
The startup cost is amazingly low.
If you own a home staging company, you need not worry about anything with regard to keeping or managing an inventory. The fact that you only need a handful of supplies to hit off the ground is another plus factor to consider.
That being said, the vast majority of home stagers, here and abroad, eventually have an amassing of different kinds of home staging furniture and decorative items. All of which can be used in the conduct of their home staging work.
- There is an incessant demand for home staging work, regardless of how strong or weak the real estate market is.
- Takes away the need for specialized training and does not require you to secure any kind of license.
- Marketing is facilitated by networking with mortgage brokers and all people involved in the real estate sector.
What Do You Need to Get Your Home Staging Business Get Off the Ground?
- Learn everything there is to know about your local real estate market. Identify the kind of homes that tend to sell off fast and which ones do not? What qualities do property buyers most likely look for in a home?
- Put into good use real estate agents with whom you have good ties and are personally acquainted. Much better if you are buddies with them. The odds are high they can be a good source of information about current trends in the property market in your locale. They can be a good source of potential clients, too.
- Spruce up your portfolio and make sure that you showcase the homes you’ve staged, starting with the most recent down to your first home staging project. If there is none yet, as you are just starting and testing the waters, you may begin by doing your housework first.
- Or you may consider staging a colleague’s house, a neighbor of yours, or a friend. You can do it for free, just be honest with your intentions.
- Although no special training or certification is required, interior design courses can provide you with credibility.
- While you are not required to undergo a special form of training or certification, courses associated with interior designing concepts add up to your credibility and take your competitive edge to the next level.
- Exceptional interpersonal and sales skills are paramount to your success in this industry. You need to know the art of persuasion so you can win the hearts of your prospects that what you are offering them is a good deal to have. Good people skills are also essential in managing objections or concerns.
Like any other business endeavor, putting up a home staging company requires that you know the ropes of the trade first. The road to success is far easier to reach if you have that. Otherwise, you will find yourself groping in the dark, clueless about what you got yourself into and if you find yourself in that dismal situation you know that you are not a step closer to success but utter and complete failure.
Consider the points given above and give your actions careful thought before carrying them out. Make sure you veer away from the mistakes that others made when they started and failed. Learn from their experience.